Potjiekos Competitions Sandton
Potjiekos Competitions Sandton
Potjiekos Competitions Sandton, Potjiekos Competition Sandton is one of the Top 10 Team Building Events in Johannesburg. Each team get a Mystery Box, and have to cook a cuisine that represents a foreign country. Team Building Quotations for the Sandton Potjiekos Competition is inclusive of coffee and pastries, 11 o’clock refreshments, and lunch. Minimum of 4 teams. ±10 per team. This is a very popular event and are subject to availability
Potjiekos Competitions Team Building Sandton
09h00 - Coffee, Muffins, Cheese Savories
Ice Breakers and Fun Group Activities.
Ice Breakers include “People to People”, “38”, “Ching Cho Cha”, etc.
Dividing Teams ±10pp/team.
The entire group stand in a circle and everybody get a number. All the “number 1’s” would be in a team, and all the “number 2’s” in another team, etc. Allow about ten people per team
Hip Hop Barefoot Bowling
Turn on the music! This is a modernized bowling competition. Teams play barefoot from the four corners of the bowling greens. Utterly brilliant!
11h00 - Refreshment Break
Assorted Toasted Sandwiches, Bottled Water or 340ml Soft Drink. Sandwiches include Chick Mayo and Tom and Cheese.
11h00 - Potjiekos Competition Mystery Boxes (±10/team)
Each team receives a Mystery Box with Herbs, Spices, and Utensils. One team will get the tomatoes and pepper, while the other team the onions and salt etc. Teams have to build a potjie that represents a country, i.e. Mexico, Thailand, Spain etc. Min 300g meat per person.
- New Utensils - new disposable utensils (halaal), veggie knives, spoons, cutting boards, mixing bowls, mop caps, chef hats, aprons, gloves etc.
- Herbs & Spices - basil, tumeric, bay leaves, capers, cardamom, chives, cloves, fennel, garlic, jasmine, nutmeg, oregano, paprika, saffron, curry, thyme, turmeric etc.
- Charcoal, Fire Lighters
- Lamb, Beef and Chicken – ask for the receipt from Forsmay Muslim Butchery (011 838 5720) or Laudium Muslim Halal Butchery (012 374 3415), ±350g per person. We regret, to maintain our halal status, no pork whatsoever.
12h45 – Judging
One person from each team is chosen as a judge, that person must select a criteria, i.e. taste, texture, presentation etc. Each judge must select a different criteria
13h00 - Potjies and Lunch are served
Potjies are served with Pap, Gravy, Six Assorted Salads, Rolls. Paper plates available for halal meals. Soft Drinks include 340ml Coke, Sprite, Bottled Water, etc.
- Vegetarian Potjie - one team will have to make a vegetarian potjie, or vegetarian may order from the restaurant menu. Three vegetarian meals from the menu is included.
- Halaal Potjie - all meat is halaal, ask for the receipt from Laudium Halaal Butchery or Forsmay Muslim Butchery. One new potjie is included (still in the box). New utensils, still sealed in its packaging, is included.
- Kosher Potjie - we regret, the venue is not near a Kosher Restaurant. You may bring your own Kosher Meals.
Old English Pub and Outside Bar. Very affordable rates, i.e. 500ml Draught ±R35, Quart Castle ±R30. We can add the bar tab on our invoice
14h00 - Depart at Leisure